This is a soulfood story reporting to the people of Kolkata! There’s a new place in town.. i repeat a new place in town, which is ready to serve you delicious Asian treats, right from a Wok!
I was recently part of a bloggers meet at Wok 21, the newest QSR format restaurant in Salt Lake ( close to Columbia Asia Hospital). The small eatery has been brought to you by Devesh Sonthalia, who also manages and runs several Subway outlets in the city.
Coming from a restaurateur, Wok 21 had to impress me with its delicious food, economical pricing.. and wait for… their special treat- the fortune cookie!
Since you eat from your eyes more than words, here is the picture library, followed by the item details 🙂
I sampled starters, main and dessert and here goes my experience in a summary-
- Stir fried mushrooms had a delicious crunch and subtle salt pepper taste. Loved it. #Recommend
- Manchurian paneer dry was quite mild, tossed with onion, garlic, onions. Though the flavour very mild was a good try.
- Wok tossed veg momos were a good change from pan fried. I liked that they serve their sauce on top and dont drown the poor dumpling with it (like most other places) #recommend
- For mains we tried the veg flat noodles tossed with exotic greens and paneer in a beautiful and aromatic coriander sauce. Personally, loved it. #recommend
- Darsaan with icecream was good, though I don’t quite fancy the dish
- The toffee banana was a good dish and i loved the coating on the fruit #recommend
- My favorite was the fortune cookie opening! It was exciting (there is no other place in the city selling fortune cookies, so guys don’t miss this… a soulful experience indeed)
The prices are economical and the ambience fuss free! Do try out the place and let me know how it went for you 🙂