A soulfood story has always been passionate about food. This blog stands not just for my personal experiences but also food journeys of so many passionate foodies! This time a soulfood story brings to you a delightful summer salad from foodie and Zomato marketing professional, Samridhi Singhvi! Let’s know a little about her!
I love talking about food and meeting new people – and I’m glad I get to do exactly the same in my current role at Zomato. A marketing professional – I can play hard to please but if I like something I not only swear by it but advocate for it just as fiercely. I love eating out and enjoy cooking if time permits. Basically – Good food makes me Happy.
Having interacted with passionate foodies and feeling inspired by their journeys here is my first step to share my love for food with the world. I pride myself for tossing up great salads. The recipes for these are conjured from the deepest corners of my mind at the time of need. However, practice makes a man perfect and having made a few of my favourites time and again, I’ve been able to pen down some exact recipes for the greater good.
Thank you Karishma for letting me debut on your blog. The main reason why I chose to share it here is because this recipe is truly food for soul!
Watermelon and Feta Salad – An easy and healthy way to keep you cool this summer
Who doesn’t like to bite into a cold and juicy watermelon on a scorching day? Now imagine tasting the creaminess of the feta as you crunch into the watermelon. The salty feta and the tangy dressing taste oh so delicious against the sweet watermelon. I’m drooling just thinking about it now! It looks fancy as well and can be a part of your appetizers when you have guests over. Now, before my hunger pangs set in let me quickly share the recipe of this humble yet heavenly salad.
Preparation Time : 8 mins
- Chilled Watermelon – 1
- Feta cheese – 200gms
- Roasted Pine nuts – a handful (heat pine nuts on a low flame till aromatic)
- Rocket leaves – 50 gms
For the dressing:
- Olive oil/salad oil – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 tablespoon – or as per taste
- Black pepper – as per taste
- Mint leaves – 4-5
For the dressing:
- Combine all the ingredients and whisk them well
- Taste the dressing to check the tartness. If required add more honey
- Ensure that it is well blended
- You can replace fresh mint leaves with dried mint leaves
For the salad:
- Remove the skin of the watermelon and cut them up in chunky cubes
- Remove all seeds
- Place these cubes in a big round bowl
- Gently add bits of feta cheese all over the watermelon pieces
- Drizzle the dressing on top
- Place the rocket leaves over the salad (adds some lovely color) and garnish with the roasted pine nuts
Without any further ado, dig into this goodness of fruit and cheese. Savour it one bite at a time! Let me know how this turned out for you in the comments below.
So how did you like this soulfood story? Let’s show some support to our budding chef! Hit like and do let us know how this recipe turned out for you! 🙂