Have you ever wished that dining is coupled with some fun? If yes, then Gabbars is sure to wow you with their dhamakedaar Bollywood food, unreal presentation and full on entertainment with molecular gastronomy!
Located in the prime locality of Ho Chi Minh Sarani, Gabbars ensures you are entertained throughout! Whether it is the catchy one liner posters, graphiti walls or pleasant interiors, you are sure to find every corner done tastefully and doing justice to the filmy name.
When there is Bollywood, you are sure to get full time entertainment- what best way to do it but include it in with food? Enter our main hero- Molecular Gastronomy!
For those who don’t know Molecular gastronomy or experimental cooking is a multi sensory cooking which uses modern chemistry and techniques to take food to the next level. Gel based food, liquid nitrogen, dramatic presentations are all part of the experience. Gabbars amazed me one such evening when I was attending a bloggers meet here.
FOOD & DRINKS I TRIED
- Papdi Chaat V.20 was made live with liquid nitrogen adding to the drama. The papdi, ragra, sev and were added. The food presentation was top notch and tasted real good!
- Khowsuey Mela which is Gabbars version of the Burmese delicacy. Served as a giant wheel with the fix ins (like noodles, peanuts, onions, chillies etc) in small buckets. It was flavorful and smelled divine. #Recommended.
- Bollywood Bhang was spiked with rum and milk base. It had a wonderful rose flavour.
- Espresso Sangria was a concoction of espresso shot (strong) and sangria (mild) flavours in this smoking hot cocktail. Really loved the flavour.
- Ab Gola Kha was a dramatic dish which comes in an ice dome which contains the concentrate of orange. It came with a hammer to hit and break. The orange mixed with the lime maragarita and voila the cocktail was complete. #Recommended
- Amuse Bouche or bite sized appetizers are common in Kolkata nowdays. Gabbars serves a foam of coriander with sev, potato, pomogranate granules. Though not on the menu, the dish can be served on request to the server.
- Jalebi Bai had jalebi caviar served with rabri It was delicious. Absolutely loved the presentation and honestly you must try this #Recommended
- Jungle Me Mangal is Gabbars version of deconstructed black forest cake. It is made live using molecular gastronomy and is a sight worth salivating for! What I liked was the presence of crisps in the black forest apart from the soggy sponge, light airy cream, cherries #Recommended
- Molecular Paan is a dramatic end to the meal. The paan base is transparent potato crisps, with gulkand, kesar and mint. A perfect end to the fantastic tasting.
Molecular Gastronomy is a treat to the eyes and tastebuds and Gabbars is sure to make your evening a truly wonderous gastronomic experience!