I want to ask you all something. Have you been in a dilemma of conflicted choices when deciding a breakfast place with your family? I know I have! Sometimes I am in mood for chocolatey pancakes and crepes and the folks want piping hot kachoris! Well, Fork and Knife on West Range, Park Circus is about to change the way you see breakfasts!
It is time that Kolkata wakes up to a new concept of multi-cuisine breakfast! Yes, you read that right! Fork and Knife recently launched its delicious new breakfast menu, offering the choicest breakfast staples with a Twist!
I was invited for a bloggers meet at the launch and was bowled over by the choice and options. For those who don’t know- Fork and Knife is the F&B outlet at Hotel Orion West Willow, Park Circus. The restaurant has in no time become a favorite among vegetarians in the city (Yes dear veg foodies, this is our time ;)). Serving multi-cuisine food namely North Indian, Asian and Continental, the restaurant is now ready to welcome guests early morning for an a la carte breakfast menu.
As I entered the beautifully done restaurant, I was greeted by Mr. Amit Bajoria, owner of the property. Amit mentioned that he wishes to see the city wake up to this new concept of multi-cuisine breakfasts. He also wants to introduce Breakfast parties at the Hotel’s lavish banquet, Cedar. Breakfast parties are the “new kind of parties” to meet your friends and family over some lip smacking dishes.
The menu is a perfect mix of dishes suiting every palate! Here goes my food tasting experience-
- I started off with a steaming cup of coffee which was a good start for a coffee addict like me.
- The first food tasting item was roasted vegetables on toast. Vegetables sauteed in butter and creamy white sauce and served on a toasted bread. It was topped with cheese and was absolutely a cheese lovers delight!
- Another dish tickling my cheese buds was the creamy corn on toast. Well corn and cheese is a match made in heaven and it is just surprising how well they go together. Fork and Knife makes one of the best versions of the corn on toast and I was almost licking the plate off this one!
- My caffeine kick prompted me to try their cold coffee as well. To my utter surprise, the cold coffee was made very very well. The perfect creaminess, bitterness and sweetness made this experience a happy slurpy one!
- The Strawberry milkshake was good to taste, though could be made a little more thick.
- Next up was their innovative Romlette– Potato roesti was served up like an omelette with a generous helping of sauteed greens and peppers. It was served with a divine cheese sauce and honestly, this happens to be a perfect dish to serve vegetarians for breakfast! Wholesome, healthy and extremely tasty, the Romlette is a sure shot hit among guests.
- The kachori platter with 2 pieces each of Hing kachoris, Khasta kachori, Peas kachori and club kachori is again another innovative addition to their menu. Served with tasty sabzi, this platter is a perfect sampler of everything desi!
- Kanji Vadas for breakfast is quite normal. But how about kanji vadas soaked in rai water and spiked with Ganne aka sugarcane juice? Yes! A fusion of tangy and sweet, this chatpata breakfast item had me drooling. I gulped down two of them
- Closing the tasting session in was their assorted pancakes. We were served their chocolate pancake with chocochips and the blueberry pancake with blueberry compote. The pancakes were fluffy (how did they manage that without eggs? . The chocolate sauce was thick and delicious and the berry compote was tangy and bursting with freshness! A good good experience this. Let me add that their food plating and presentation makes eating a memorable experience.
- We ended the wonderful tasting with their banana crepe. Thin, tasty and wholesome, the crepe was topped with banana puree and the glaze on it was wow!
This very well planned out breakfast menu surely makes Fork and Knife an ideal place for breakfasts. With a good number of options across cuisines, this restaurant makes sure that everyone leaves smiling and content after a hearty meal, well because, breakfast after all is the most important meal of the day!
So how did you like this soulfood experience? Please do let me know 🙂
PS- All images used in the article are a property of a soulfood stoty. Rights reserved.