Kolkata is buzzing with new restaurants! While some are fine dine, some are introducing new cuisines and the others are coming up with different themes! A lot of Asian fine dines have emerged in the city too!
But what about the times that you want to relax with a friend over some delicious Asian food, in a fuss-free environment, which fits your pocket and where food is served within 10 mins tops? Welcome, Wokaholic!
Wokaholic– the brainchild of 5 young minds, recently launched their first outlet on Loudon Street. I was invited here for a tasting by one of the owners. On entering the restaurant I found the interiors to be relaxed and toned down. An open kitchen with good exhaust, large menu billboard on the top and the chef instructing his team. Honestly the aroma from the kitchen was enough to tell me that this is going to one amazing tasting session. The interiors are dominated by wallpapers, yellow lights and heavy wooden chairs and tables.
I was greeted by Akash, one of the co-owners, who is a foodie himself. He explained that since this is a QSR ( Quick Service Restaurant), food is served quickly and is an ideal place for an office lunch too.
Given below is my soulfood experience and I am sure you are about to fall in love 😉
- I started my tasting with Vietnamese Grilled Eggplant. It came in a foodgrade black container and looked absolutely inviting! The eggplant is grilled and roasted and smashed. It is then cooked with spices. The vegetable was grilled perfectly! It was topped with peanuts and fried onion crisps. Never had I thought, that something as humble as eggplant (read, brinjal) could be given a makeover. The dish was a good try indeed! #Recommended
- Veg Pot Stickers, which is one of their signatures. It is essentially perfectly steamed dumplings which find their way to a pan and are shallow fried. They are served with their special XO Sauce which is a burst of fresh flavours. I quite liked the XO Sauce, but the dumplings were a little chewy to me, which I am sure that they can fix!
- Wok Fiery Paneer, did complete justice to its name! Beautifully coated and batter fried Paneer in chilli sauce. The heat in the dish was perfect, pinching and soothing at the same time- just how I like it. Personally, loved the dish a lot! #DefinitelyRecommended
- Cream Cheese Rangoon is an interesting addition to their menu. A dish usually served at fine dines, it finds place in Wokaholic’s menu and I am confident will become a best-seller in no time! Essentially, a dumpling stuffed with cheese and fried, a rangoon is served with a dipping sauce. This version, has cheddar cheese and a beautiful sweet chilli mayo. Let me add, that the Mayo is NOT thick and heavy, but extremely light. It is my latest favorite and I am coming back again for this! #DefinitelyRecommended
- Wokaholic’s signature dish is their Wok Box, which is an interesting amalgamation of various flavours- and guess what? You are incharge 😉 Priced very reasonable at 199/- (veg), this box is a complete meal in itself. You pick your base between different types of rice and noodles, fix your protein, add veggies, decide on your flavour/sauce and your topping and voila- Your Box is ready to be devoured! I went for their noodles in crispy garlic sauce with mushrooms, broccoli, carrots,onion and bell-peppers with Paneer. My box came with a topping of crispy fried onions and peanuts! I loved the Wok Box. The noodles were smooth and tasty, the garlic sauce bursting with garlic and spice and crunchy vegetables and onion adding to the flavour!
Wokaholic is here for a reason- to serve food quickly to hungry souls like you and me! Morever, they are reasonable priced, because of their concept. Personally, have loved the place a lot to gorge on the other items left on the menu.
The place is ideal for a quick office lunch, takeaway, dine-in and ofcourse delivery ( you can order via Swiggy and Zomato both! )
Do try out the place and let me know how you liked it!
Disclaimer- All pictures used in the story belong to the restaurant owners and asoulfoodstory.