My favorite festival of the the year is here! For me Diwali is all about shopping, room cleaning and planning what to eat of course! Another tedious task is to plan a Diwali party at home! With so much happening during the festive season, a party is an absolute must! Poker, amazing food and lots of chatter makes for a perfect Diwali party for me!
This year, I have found an amazing way to host a super party with amazing fusion food, some desi chaats and Global cuisine!
Recently, I received a festive surprise from The Olive & Co! Anushree, the owner of the catering service in the city made sure I was spoilt for sure! The Olive & Co is the brainchild of Anushree Jain Goenka, who has been catering to a lot of parties and get- togethers through this catering service. A home chef herself, Anushree has definitely mastered fusion food, global cuisine like Japanese, Italian and Continental.
Anushree’s surprise definitely got my festive spirits high!
The Diwali tasting hamper was pure indulgence and trust me you want to read further-
- Moroccan Couscous with Harissa Veggies: Perfectly cooked couscous as the base, this dish was topped with a bed of vegetables sauteed with Harissa chilli paste. The dish was healthy and extremely tasty, not to forget a perfect crunch from the veggies!
- Swag Mera Desi: Beautifully fried edible tart/cups topped with spicy masaledar chana! The chana was garlicy and spicy and definitely works as a perfect starter for a party!
- Cheesy Potatoes with Herbed Rice– Such a flavorful main! Cheesy and creamy potatoes served on a bed of parsley flavored rice! It was fragnant, filling and if you are a cheese lover, you must try this!
- Mushroom Panini: Was a yummy sandwich with sauteed mushrooms, parsley and mixed herbs as filling and soft panini as the bread. Honestly, absolutely loved it! The dish is worthy of praise and probably better than few cafe sandwiches! Must try! Also the mustard mayo dip was to die for!
- Vermicelli Tadka Pie– A fusion of Indian and Continental, this tangy baked dish was a total surprise! Vermicelli noodles cooked in tangy tomato sauce with vegetables. Adding the tadka was rai ka chaunkh and sweet neem leaves! It was topped with a creamy potato puree and this no cheese bake is a must try for a foodie twist!
- Vietnamese Rice Paper Wraps- Cucumber and tangy peppers finely sliced in lengths wrapped with rice sheets and steamed! This dish was a true global experience. Accompanied by a soy dip, the dish was bursting of raw favours all tied up for a wonderful tasting!
- Sesame Potatoes and Stuffed Paneer– Finger food at your party is a must! Fuss-free and tasty, these can be easily gulped down! The Sesame potatoes from The Olive & Co were stuffed with a filling of cottage cheese mixed with sesame! Worked really well with the mint chutney! Stuffed Paneer deserve a special mention! Marinated in tomato and spice rub, they were garnished with coriander and were really tasty!
- How can we have a Diwali party without chaat? How about Mini Dal Pakwan Chaat! Another innovation from Anushree’s kitchen, this street food has a dal twist! Intead of using the usual batata and potato base, she has pleasantly surprised me with a base of chana dal cooked in garlic and spices. It is topped with tamarind chutney and curd, with spicy masala and sev! What a treat! Recommended!
- Wrapping up my experience is the sinful Chocolate Monto Carlo! Biscuit base topped with icecream, followed by chocolate and again ice cream! A perfect end to this amazing tasting!
Honestly, I definitely enjoyed the entire experience! Whats even amazing is that all the food is prepared at Anushree’s home kitchen! It is fresh, healthy and custom made to order!
While they provide an instant help by catering your Diwali party, you can spend more time with friends!
The Olive & Co accepts food orders via call on 98306 00035 or you can contact her Facebook Page. The Diwali orders have already started coming in, make sure you order in advance.
Do tell me how did you like this soulfood experience. A soulfood story is your platform to discover the best eats, catering services and food experiences:)
PS- All pictures belong to the ASoulfoodStory .All Rights Reserved.